The SFCC Service Learning Club Haiti Response is focusing on transportation and distribution. How are we doing that?
100% of funds collected will go to:
- Supply fuel for delivery into the disaster.
- Supply fuel to power water purification and delivery to the survivors.
SFCC's project will benefit the HAITIAN SURVIVORS by:
- Supporting emergency transportation infrastructure to the disaster and within the disaster.
- Reducing risk of survivor complications and deaths by supporting purification and delivery of clean water to the survivors.
- Supporting local survivors by improving their ability to reestablish themselves in this disaster, i.e., supporting local Haitian water businesses.
SFCC's project will benefit the DONOR by:
- Providing a way for donors to see their donations impact in real time.
THE GOAL: individual and community sustainability after disaster.
When a catastrophic disaster strikes, the existing infrastructure is destroyed and emergency infrastructure must be built. This takes time and many lives are lost while mobilization and distribution is figured out by humanitarian responders. The flow of supplies bottle-necks at airports, seaports and Points of Distribution (PODs) within the disaster.
We invite you to share your feedback and ideas with us on our blog or contact us directly.
To learn how to also send bicycles to Haiti please visit the
Ready-to-Go Bicycles Project